Public and Private Training With SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC) Certification
During this four-day course, attendees learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio.
The first two days of the course — Leading SAFe® — provide the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise. Certifying as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, enables attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
Upcoming Implementing SAFe® Classes:
April 14, 2020 - April 17, 2020
Denver, Colorado - Online
April 14, 2020 - April 17, 2020
Chicago, Illinois - Online
May 19, 2020 - May 22, 2020
Los Angeles, California
June 2, 2020 - June 5, 2020
June 9, 2020 - June 12, 2020
June 23, 2020 - June 26, 2020
July 14, 2020 - July 17, 2020
Aware of the benefits of hosting your own classes? Try Private Classes
Get a hassle free custom quote with no obligation for your organization!
Private classes are designed with the specifics needs of your organization and context. We have delivered private classes from 5 to 500+. Multiple benefits over public classes (eg. bigger savings, guaranteed to run, controlled schedule, less logistics and more).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFe® (Days 1 & 2)
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe® Principles
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading a Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Implementing SAFe® (Days 3 & 4)
- Reaching the SAFe® Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC)
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
NOTE: Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certificate
- A SAFe 5 Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Program Consultant, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- A SAFe Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe (SAFe Agilist SA), SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), and SAFe for Teams (SAFe Practitioner (SP)
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $895
Exam name – SAFe 5 Program Consultant Exam.
Exam format – Multiple choice.
Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
Number of questions – 60.
Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
Language – English.
Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Activity Number: SAFeSPC Duration: 4 days
Refund Policy: Full refunds will be issued for cancellations greater than 14 days from the start of the course and are subject to a $150 processing charge. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, registrants may change to another course of equal or lesser value. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no refunds will be issued or changes allowed.