In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe® enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe® Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe® organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe® environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe®.
Upcoming SAFe® Scrum Master Classes:
Get a hassle free custom quote with no obligation for your organization!
Private classes are designed with the specifics needs of your organization and context. We have delivered private classes from 5 to 500+. Multiple benefits over public classes (eg. bigger savings, guaranteed to run, controlled schedule, less logistics and more).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe®
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe® enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe® Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
SAFe® Certification Kit
Exam name – SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam
Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Scrum Master course
Exam cost –First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions – 45
Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73% pass rate)
Language – English
Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Activity Number: SAFeScrumMaster Duration: 2 days