During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
Upcoming Leading SAFe® (LSAFe®) Classes:
Get a hassle free custom quote with no obligation for your organization!
Private classes are designed with the specifics needs of your organization and context. We have delivered private classes from 5 to 500+. Multiple benefits over public classes (eg. bigger savings, guaranteed to run, controlled schedule, less logistics and more).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe® Principles
- Creating high-performing teams and programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
NOTE: Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Agilist certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Exam name – SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
Exam format – Multiple choice
Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions – 45
Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. There is a fee for additional re-takes.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Activity Number: ABOYTD2 Duration: 2 days