During this two-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
Upcoming Leading SAFe® (LSAFe®) Classes:
|Leading SAFe® with SAFe® 5 Agilist Certification - Medellin, Colombia - April 1-2, 2020||CLICK FOR DETAILS|
Get a hassle free custom quote with no obligation for your organization!
Private classes are designed with the specifics needs of your organization and context. We have delivered private classes from 5 to 500+. Multiple benefits over public classes (eg. bigger savings, guaranteed to run, controlled schedule, less logistics and more).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
NOTE: Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Agilist certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Exam name – SAFe 5 Agilist Exam
Exam format – Multiple choice
Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions – 45
Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. There is a fee for additional re-takes.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Activity Number: ABOYTD2 Duration: 2 days