Facilitating Lean-Agile Program Execution
Scaled Agile’s SAFe® RTE exam maintains rigorous quality standards ensuring that those who have earned the certification are well prepared to effectively fulfill their role in a SAFe® enterprise.
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe® enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe® organization.
Upcoming SAFe® Release Train Engineer Classes:
|SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer Certification (RTE) Chicago, IL October 9-11, 2019||
||CLICK FOR DETAILS|
Aware of the benefits of hosting your own classes?
Get a hassle free custom quote with no obligation for your organization!
Private classes are designed with the specifics needs of your organization and context. We have delivered private classes from 5 to 500+. Multiple benefits over public classes (eg. bigger savings, guaranteed to run, controlled schedule, less logistics and more).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe® Program Consultants (SPCs)
The following prerequisites are recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate
- A SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- A SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- SPCs who are certified RTEs can apply and qualify to teach the RTE class and certify RTEs
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
Exam name – SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
Exam format – multiple choice
Exam delivery – web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam; delivered through the Community Platform
Exam access – first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
Exam duration – once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
Number of questions – 60
Passing score – 40 out of 60 (67%)
Exam cost – first attempt is free within 30 days from course completion
Retake policy – second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10 day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Each retake attempt is $50. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Study guide – access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
Practice test – available by year end 2017 access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
Sample test – download questions
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Activity Number: SAFeRTE Duration: 2 days